Rainwater harvesting involves the collection of water from roofs and hard standings and storing this water for later use.
The recycled rainwater can be reused for toilet flushing, laundry and irrigation.
What are the benefits of rainwater harvesting?
- Reduced mains water consumption and costs
- Reduced environmental impact
- Cost-effective BREEAM points
- Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) scheme available
- Typical payback 3/5 years
- Continuity of water supply for irrigation
- Reduced storm water to drain/flooding
As the rules on Breeam points and tax allowances change, Aquaco cannot advise and it is for the customer to verify the present rules as they affect the project concerned.